The government of Odisha launched Kalia Yojana in 2023 to help the state’s micro, small, and medium-sized farmers. Here, we’ll go over the framework of the plan. The features, benefits, and requirements of the program will be covered here. Also, here you may find information about how to join the program in 2023.
Table of Contents
- 1 Kalia Yojana 2023
- 2 The Kalia Scheme’s Objectives
- 3 Kalia Yojana Benefits
- 5 Kalia Yojana Eligibility Criteria
- 6 Who Can Avail the Funding from the Plan?
- 7 Kalia Yojana Documents Required
- 8 Kalia Yojana Apply Online
- 9 How Do I Check My Kalia Yojana Payment Status Online?
- 10 Kalia Yojana Beneficiary List
- 11 Conclusion
Kalia Yojana 2023
|The Plan’s Official Title||Kalia Yojana|
|Presented by||The Odisha State Chief Minister- Mr Naveen Patnaik|
|Those Who Will Benefit||Farmers in Odisha, India|
|The Program Goal||For Providing Sufficient Financial Support to the citizens involved in the Agriculture Sector|
|Official Web Page||http://green.kalia.co.in/index1.html|
The Kalia Scheme’s Objectives
Agriculture and farmers are essential to ending poverty and improving everyone’s quality of life. Through the Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation or KALIA Scheme, the State Government of Odisha intends to boost agricultural success. Odisha state farmers want more control over agricultural funding, which drives creative programs like KALIA. By improving farmers’ access to financial services, especially small and marginal landholders, agricultural output and income can be increased.
With a budget of about Rs. 10,000 crores, the Kalia Yojana’s objective is to help debt-ridden farmers escape their financial woes and directly combat poverty by supporting disadvantaged agricultural households, landless labourers, and marginal cultivators in the state. About 92% of Odisha’s farmers, including nearly all landless farmers, will profit from KALIA, a government program.
- Complete Assistance During Cultivation
Over the course of five growing seasons, each farm family will receive a total of Rs.25,000/- in help to be used toward the purchase of inputs like seeds, fertilizer, pesticides, and labour. The plan went into force at the start of the 2018-2019 Rabi Season.
- Comprehensive Assistance for People’s Basic Needs
Each landless agricultural household would get one thousand two hundred and fifty rupees (Rs.12,500/-) to be used toward agricultural ancillary activities such the purchase of a mini-layer unit, duckery unit, fisheries kits for fisherman, mushroom cultivation, beekeeping, etc. Our state’s SC and ST populations will feel this the most.
- Help for Agricultural Families
The government has suggested giving Rs. 10,000/- annually to each household to help low-income farmers and landless agricultural labourers afford food, clothing, and housing through the Kalia Yojana scheme. Older, disabled, or sick farm workers, as well as those without land, are particularly vulnerable.
- Future Insurance Program for Farmers and Farm Workers
All account holders between the ages of 18 and 50 who pay a nominal fee of Rs 330/- would be eligible for life insurance coverage of Rs 2.00 lakh. The farmers’ annual premium of Rs.165 would be paid for by the state of Odisha. Every savings bank account holder between the ages of 18 and 50 can purchase personal accident coverage of Rs.2.00 lakh for just Rs.12/- per year. Because of the state’s generous support, farmers in Odisha would only have to pay Rs.12 in premiums. Odisha will cover the whole Rs.12/- yearly payout for anyone between the ages of 51 and 70.
- Zero-Interest Loan to Farmers
For low-income landless labourers, cultivators, sharecroppers, and agricultural households, Gram Panchayats can approve petitions for a Cop Loan of up to Rs 50,000. This comprehensive plan is based on the conviction that making loans to creditworthy borrowers will stimulate economic development and social progress, thereby reducing poverty.
Features of Odisha KALIA Yojana
- The Odisha Kalia Scheme is centered on Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
- It’s estimated that over sixty million lives will be saved thanks to this program.
- Out of Rs. 330/- of the life insurance premium paid by the beneficiary, 165 rupees will be paid by the government.
- Out of the beneficiary’s twelve rupees accident insurance premium, the government will pay six rupees.
- There are three equal parts to the aid package for the landless farmers.
- No current or past workers of the federal, state, or municipal government are eligible to participate in the Kalia Scheme in Odisha.
Kalia Yojana Benefits
The farmer gains a lot from the KALIA Yojana. Some of the Kalia yojana benefits are discussed in the following paragraphs –
- The program provides 5,000 Indian Rupees to each member of a small or landless farming household.
- Each farmer’s family will receive 25,000 Indian Rupees to invest each year.
- The Yojana aids farmers who have lost their land in getting back on their feet.
- The Kalia Yojana benefits by providing funding for inputs like seeds, fertilizer, and insecticides.
- Cash awards of Rs 1,250 are available to farmers that engage in raising crops, mushroom cultivation, beekeeping, goat cultivation, duck cultivation, or poultry cultivation.
- A yearly payment of 10,000 Indian Rupees is available to low-income farming households that apply.
- The government contributes to the cost of a 12 monthly premium for a personal accident insurance plan with a coverage value of Rs 2,000,000.
- Small and marginal farmers without access to land get a loan of up to $500,000 at zero per cent interest.
|Household Type||Receivable Fund Amount||Money paid to each farmer for farming||Provides Funds for||Cash Awards for mushroom cultivation, beekeeping, goat cultivation, duck cultivation, or poultry cultivation|
|Small or landless farming household.||Rs 5,000||Rs 25,000||Seeds, fertilizer, and insecticides||Rs 1,250|
|Low-income farming households||Rs 10,000|
Kalia Yojana Eligibility Criteria
Participants must meet the Kalia Yojana eligibility to qualify for it. Some of the eligibility requirements that need to be fulfilled are listed below.
- The applicant must provide documentation proving permanent residency in Odisha.
- Only those from BPL (below the poverty level) households will be considered.
- The Kalia Yojana program is not available to farmers who pay taxes.
- The farmer does not fit the criteria if he or she is employed by or otherwise affiliated with a government entity.
- A valid bank account is a prerequisite for applying.
Who Can Avail the Funding from the Plan?
- Growers & Farmers
Each farm family would receive Rs 10,000 in subsidies to aid their farming efforts. Every family will get Rs 5,000 in each of the five harvest years (2018–19 through 2021–22), to be split between the Kharif and Rabi seasons. Agricultural loans up to Rs 50,000 do not incur any fees or interest.
- Those in Rural Areas who Lack Access to Farmland
Each landless Agricultural Household will receive Rs.12,500 to use toward agricultural projects. This money may be used to buy things like a mini-layer unit, duckery unit, fisheries kits for fishers, mushroom growing equipment, bee-keeping supplies, and so on.
- For The Elderly
Elderly, sick, or disabled farmers would get yearly payments of one thousand rupees per family.
Life insurance of Rs 2 lakh and additional personal injury insurance of the same amount are provided to 57 million households through the KALIA scheme, which includes farmers and those without land.
|Quick Review of the KALIA Approach|
|1||The Kalia Scheme’s Official Debut||During the Rabi Season of 2018-2019, Kalia Yojana had been officially launched.|
|2||Characteristics of the Odisha State Government’s Kalia Yojana Initiative||These Kalia scheme components are mentioned below:The aid of up to Rs. 25,000 per farming family is possible for small and marginal farmers.Those who lack access to agricultural land would receive aid in the amount of Rs. 12500.Ten thousand rupees per year would be given to the families of each struggling farmer and landless farm labourer.|
|3||Kalia Program Participant Admittance||These are eligible for participation in the program:Marginal and Small Scale farmers,Families in agriculture that lack land accessFamilies who rely on agriculture are vulnerableFarmhands and farmers looking for workSharecroppers are farm workers who divide their earnings with their employers.|
|4||Who are the Marginal and small-scale farmers under the Kalia Yojana?||Small farmers have 1–2 hectares (2.5–5 acres) of land. Farmers that have less than 1 hectare of land are considered marginal.|
|5||How would you define a “farm family” under the Kalia Yojana?||A farm family consists of the farmer, his or her spouse, and any children who also live there.|
|6||Will the farmers have access to low- or no-interest crop loans?||Beginning with the 2019 Kharif Season, a Crop Loan of up to Rs. 50,000 will be offered at 0% interest.|
|7||Who are considered landless agricultural households under the Kalia Yojana?||Even though they don’t own any land, landless agricultural households still cultivate the land for at least six months a year.|
Kalia Yojana Documents Required
The following Kalia Yojana documents must be sent alongside the application form:
- Aadhaar Address Verification
- Financial Information
- Homeowner’s Name Address City State Zip Code Phone
Kalia Yojana Apply Online
Here are the simple steps you need to do to apply for the program, submit your Kalia Yojana Application Form, and start reaping the rewards:
- Get started with the app by visiting the Kalia Yojana official website.
- Please utilize the online application link on the homepage to submit a new application. The application procedure can also be initiated by clicking here.
- A new page will open up.
- You’ll need your Aadhaar number for this.
- To make the form visible, click the “show” button.
- A new window or tab will open with the application. Fill in all the details.
- Don’t forget to mail it
How Do I Check My Kalia Yojana Payment Status Online?
To find out how much was transferred during KALIA Yojana Phase 1, contact the branch of the bank linked to your account.
Please go to the KALIA Yojana bank branch marked on your red/green form.
To apply for seed money under the KALIA Yojana, visit your local bank and speak with a teller.
If you have access to an online banking service, checking your Kalia Yojana account balance is as simple as logging in.
To verify your Yojana Balance, check the Odisha KALIA Scheme Beneficiary List maintained by the state government.
Kalia Yojana Beneficiary List
You can check Kalia Yojana Beneficiary List online by following the steps mentioned below.
- First, visit the official portal of Kalia Yojana or Click Here.
- Then you have to select your District, Block/ULB, & G.P.
- Then click on the ” View” button.
- Finally, Kalia Yojana Beneficiary List will be displayed on the screen.
Odisha’s Kalia Yojana aims to help landless farmers and their families who are struggling with debt. It will enhance agricultural output, create new jobs, and boost household income. Agriculture in Odisha will make huge strides as a result, giving farmers more say over their economic futures.