PAN-Aadhaar Link: For every Indian citizen, the PAN card and Aadhaar card are important identification documents. The PAN card is issued by the IT- Income Tax department while the Aadhaar card is issued by UIDAI- Unique Identification Authority of India. However, the IT department has made it mandatory for all citizens to link their PAN-Aadhaar before 30 June 2023. If not, you’ll have to pay a penalty. Furthermore, to help you, here is everything you need to know such as how to Link Aadhar with Pan Card and much more.
Table of Contents
- 1 PAN-Aadhar Linking Online | How to Link an Aadhaar Card with PAN Card Online?
- 2 PAN-Aadhar Linking Through Mobile SMS | How to Link Aadhaar with PAN Card through SMS?
- 3 What is the Exempt Category for PAN-Aadhaar Linking?
- 4 How to Pay the Penalty for Linking PAN-Aadhaar Numbers Online?
- 5 How to Check PAN-Aadhaar Card Link Status?
- 6 How to Make Corrections if Errors Have Been Made During PAN-Aadhaar Linking?
- 7 PAN-Aadhaar Card Link Last date?
PAN-Aadhar Linking Online | How to Link an Aadhaar Card with PAN Card Online?
To Link Aadhar with PAN Card online, here are the steps you’ll need to follow:
- First, visit the Income Tax e-Filing website at https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/
- Now go to quick links on the homepage and click on the Link Aadhaar Status.
- Now you’ll need to enter your PAN and Aadhaar number. Next, click on View Link Aadhaar Status.
- If not linked, you’ll see a pop-up mentioning the link, click on it.
- Next enter important details such as your name, and Aadhaar number, tick the square if your birth year is mentioned and enter the captcha code as shown on the screen.
- Now click on the Link Aadhaar Card button.
- Finally, a pop-up message will appear on your screen showing linking is done.
PAN-Aadhar Linking Through Mobile SMS | How to Link Aadhaar with PAN Card through SMS?
To link Link Aadhar with PAN Card via SMS, here are the steps that you’ll need to follow:
- Type- UIDPAN<12 Digit Aadhaar><10 Digit Pan>
- Once the message is typed, next send it to either 56161 or 567678 using your registered mobile number.
- Example- UIDPAN 123456789012 ABCDE2525F
What is the Exempt Category for PAN-Aadhaar Linking?
To Link Aadhar with PAN Card, people who fall under the exempt category are as follows:
- Jammu and Kashmir, Meghalaya and Assam residents.
- A non-resident taxable individual according to the Income-tax Act, 1961.
- Non-citizens of India.
- Super senior citizens of above 80 years.
How to Pay the Penalty for Linking PAN-Aadhaar Numbers Online?
To pay the penalty for linking PAN-Aadhaar numbers online, here are the steps you’ll need to follow:
- Do Google search for Income Tax e-Filing Portal0 visit there.
- Under the Quick Links headings, click the e-Pay Tax option.
- Now enter the details as asked such as PAN number, mobile number, Confirm PAN/TAN column and click on the continue button.
- After OTP verification, a new e-Pay Tax page will appear. Next, click the Continue button.
- Next under the Income Tax tab click on the Proceed button.
- Next Select Assessment Year as 2023-24 and under the minor head select Other Receipts 500 and click on the Continue button.
- Now the amount will be pre-filled against the Others option. Now click continue.
- The next, step is to make the payment. You can either pay on the portal through net banking or the payment gateway option if you have a bank account. (The authorities’ bank account names are mentioned below in the table.)
- Once the payment is done, proceed to Link your Aadhar with PAN Card.
|Eligible Banks List for Making Payment|
|Axis Bank||Bank of Baroda|
|Bank of Maharashtra||Bank of India|
|Central Bank of India||Canara Bank|
|Federal Bank||City Union Bank|
|ICICI Bank||HDFC Bank|
|Indian Bank||IDBI Bank|
|Indian Overseas Bank||IndusInd Bank|
|Karur Vysya Bank||Jammu and Kashmir Bank|
|Punjab & Sind Bank||Kotak Mahindra Bank|
|RBL Bank||Punjab National Bank|
|South Indian Bank||State Bank of India|
|Union Bank of India||UCO Bank|
How to Check PAN-Aadhaar Card Link Status?
To check the PAN-Aadhaar Card link status, here are the steps that you’ll need to follow:
- First, visit the Income Tax e-Filing Portal.
- Next, enter the PAN and Aadhaar card numbers in the given section.
- Next, click on the status check option online.
- If already linked, then a pop-up window will appear showing it is linked.
How to Make Corrections if Errors Have Been Made During PAN-Aadhaar Linking?
In case of any errors, here are the steps to follow for PAN-Aadhaar Link corrections online:
- Firstly visit the official website of NSDL
- Once visited, it will redirect you to the page where you can make corrections
- To get your PAN details updates, here you’ll need to submit signed digital documents
- Once the details have been corrected and confirmed by NSDL via mail, you can now link your PAN with Aadhaar.
- Next, visit the UIDAI website and enter both your Aadhaar and security code
- Next, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- However, keep in mind that, only OTP will be required for changing the spelling name while for correcting other details such as gender or date of birth, you’ll need to submit the required documents
- Once finished and approved, you can now Link Aadhar with PAN Card.
PAN-Aadhaar Card Link Last date?
PAN Aadhaar Card Link Last Date was 30th 2023.
Others Scheme – Click Here